Maxiflow congratulates Chester FC on their 5-0 win

chester-fcMaxiflow wish to congratulate Chester FC on their 5-0 win against Dover on Saturday. As Chester FC,s stadium improvement partner, Maxiflow is proud to support our local football team and community.

Follow your local team on Facebook and twitter@chesterFC.

Jon McCarthy made one change from the side that drew 0-0 with local rivals Wrexham the previous weekend as Sam Hughes returned in place of Blaine Hudson. The game started fairly open, with both sides looking to get the ball down and play football. The visitors enjoyed a shade more of the possession however the Blues looked dangerous on the counter attack.

The first real chance of the game fell to the ever-dangerous Ricky Miller, as he made space in the middle of the park and fired just wide of Roberts’ right post. Chester’s first chance of the game fell to James Alabi as he rose highest to meet Elliott Durrell’s free kick but couldn’t trouble Steven Arnold in the Dover goal.

The Blues had a glorious chance to open the scoring after twenty-eight minutes as Kane Richards did well to turn his man before cutting back towards Alabi, but the final touch just eluded the big-man and drifted across the face of goal. As the half went on Chester were in the ascendancy and after nice link-up play by the impressive Craig Mahon, Kane Richards and James Alabi, Johnny Hunt crossed for Durrell at the far post, who saw two efforts blocked on the edge of the six-yard area.

Dover forged another good chance with three minutes to go until half time as Emmanuel dispossessed Ryan Astles and played in Miller but he couldn’t keep his shot down whilst under pressure.

After Luke George replaced Ryan Astles at half time, the Blues started the half brightly. First Theo Vassell ran at the heart of the Dover defence before going to ground, with no free kick awarded. Shortly after Durrell cut inside from the right and tried a curling effort with the outside of his right boot that was blocked.

The positive start paid off for the hosts as Kane Richards slotted through Johnny Hunt, who coolly slide the ball under the rushing Steven Arnold to break the deadlock.

One very quickly became two as from the kick-off James Alabi intercepted a pass back to Grimes, just inside the Dover half, before driving at the defence and firing a low effort to Arnold’s left from just inside the penalty area.

Dover had a golden opportunity to reduce the deficit on the hour mark as Moses Emmanuel beat the last line of defence, rounded Liam Roberts but couldn’t prevent Theo Vassell from getting back and clearing the ball off the line.

The visitors created another chance as centre back Jamie Grimes got into some space down the left wing before picking out Ricky Miller, who could only volley the ball out of the ground.

With ten minutes to go Chester added a third, after Elliott Durrell was brought down by Aswad Thomas inside the penalty area the Blues midfielder dusted himself off and sent Steven Arnold the wrong way in the Dover goal.

The Blues almost added a fourth as Craig Mahon got some space down the left wing before pulling back, and much like in the first half, just out of reach of James Alabi.

The home fans didn’t have long to wait until getting the fourth though and it came courtesy of the man of the match, Craig Mahon. After Durrell’s corner was headed out Akintunde set up Mahon who rifled home from the edge of the penalty area.

With time running down the Blues were able to add a fifth and cap off an incredible performance as Elliott Durrell won the ball in the left channel, beat his man before standing a cross for Akintunde to head home.


The comments are closed.

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)